Thursday, August 4, 2011

Very Stressful Night

I'll admit that I am massively stressed tonight. It's that feeling that you have when you're about to go on vacation, and you're stressing over all the things you haven't done yet, and all the things you're forgetting about.

Except my "vacation" is going to be long. I'm leaving my job forever, to go to a new job. So it's like I'm moving. The funny thing is that it's not leaving my job that is worrying me. My transition has been fairly good and, while I'm a little behind on everything I want to get done for work, my attention to that this week has caused me to completely ignore my personal life.

As I've said, tomorrow I'm turning in my Mac (which contains my electronic life, essentially). And at the same time, I'm turning in my iPhone. Some serious Apple withdrawal there. Don't get me wrong: I would simply walk right into an AT&T store or an Apple store and take care of it. We already have three iPhones in my family. But the problem is that the iPhone 5 is about to come out. It should be only 4-6 weeks before it comes out. It would be silly for me to get locked into 2 years with an iPhone 3GS or an iPhone 4, with the iPhone 5 on the horizon.

So tonight I picked up a Straight Talk phone from Walmart. $35 a month, prepaid, and a phone that costs about $40. This will tide me over until I get my new iPhone. But man, is this time gonna suck. And I'll be going through Mac withdrawal at the same time. How lame.

Anyway, I have a long list of things I have to do. There are items for work, but the stress that I'm feeling all has to do with things like "What files do I have on my computer that, starting tomorrow, I will not have access to anymore". Because my Time Machine backup drive is formatted as an HFS Extended format drive, and Windows doesn't read it natively. So that brings me full circle, back to this latest piece of software for which I have rebooted: MacDrive. Let's see if this one can put my mind at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment